My party was the same as last time, with one addition, another thug.
The Necromancer's Troupe:
|Necromancer w/ Staff|
Ptolemina, High Priestess of Aridais, the Forbidden City
|Apprentice w/ Staff|
Renyard Strake,ex-Friar and Acolyte of the High Priestess of Aridais, the Forbidden City
Thug Underboss, Big Tom
Thug, Kay Az
Thug, Kaz Ay
Gorman the Wolf
I didn't have any new spells or magic items, due to my rolls last time. But I did advance a level, so I chose to have +1 Fight.
We set up the treasure and did our initial rolls, and the game began.
(As sadly I am writing this a week after the fact, the specifics of the game elude me.)
- My Warhound acquired a name. After rolling two natural 20s and taking out two of my opponent's war band in two consecutive rounds, he is now, "Badaz!"
- Dan's group killed the Genie and found, and recovered the Genie bottle. This gave his wizard an instant 250 xp. Seems excessive to me, but thems the rules.
- I think my opponent and I both were maneuvering better than in the previous games.
- I kept my wizard and apprentice out of harm's way, unlike last game.
- I got a around 300 gold from the encounter.
- Grimoire of Awareness
- Grimoire of Wall
- Dagger +1 Fight
- 1 Level
- My thief was removed from the game, and is out for a game.
- My opponent:
- Some amount of gold (plus the amount for the bottle).
- A magical two handed sword.
- Robes of Arrow Turning
- 3 Levels
- 4 of my opponent's dudes were taken down during the game: 3 were fine, 1 out for a game.
I wish you could sell grimoires. I get the idea behind why you cannot, but it seems silly to me. I now have 3 grimoires that are not spells that I care about and cannot sell. So, useless treasure... ugh...
Well, on to the next game...